When it is time to put together your own reports, you are going to need the source data from your target companies. Revenue (YTD), EBITDA (LE), Cash position, Net debt + all the qualitative reporting? We've got you covered!
Getting started with KPI reporting is easy as can be - just a tiny bit of setting up and you're good to go. In this article, we'll run you through the process.
Step 1: Define your basic & default settings
- Make sure your subscription includes the KPI reporting module. If not, contact sales using the chat in the bottom right hand corner or email us at email@example.com
- Navigate to Settings > KPI reporting
- Select the global reporting granularity (monthly or quarterly). Please note that this selection is final and irreversible. Based on what you chose here, all your future reporting will be either monthly or quarterly.
- Adjust the default currency, if needed. You can change this from report to report.
- Adjust whether forecasts are requested by default. You can change this from report to report.
- Adjust the email reminder template, if needed.
Step 2: Create as many reporting templates as you need
Reporting templates are used as the basis for each report. You can have as many as you like. Some of our customers choose to use the same template for similar companies (e.g. "Saas company metrics") and some have a company
specific template (e.g. "Sample, Inc metrics").
- Navigate to Report > Company reports
- Click "New report template"
- Give the template a descriptive name
- Select the reporting currency for this template
- Select which metrics you want to track in this template. If you need a metric you don't see, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org & we're happy to add it for you.
- Select which qualitative questions you want include in the reports based on this template.
Step 3: Initiate and complete the reporting cycle
When you're ready to ask for the report, take the following steps:
- Navigate to the company you're working on
- Navigate to "Target reporting"
- Click "Add"
- Select the template you want to use for this company
- Select the target period & year
- Adjust the reporting currency, if needed
- Determine whether you want to have forecast data or not
- Click "Create"
- Prefill some data, if you want to [Optional]
- Click "Send" and the contact person receives a link to fill in the data
- Have a cup of coffee while they do their thing. If they don't oblige, you can remind them by clicking "remind" or go ahead and fill in the data yourself from another source
- Once they have submitted the information (or you manually set the report as submitted)...
- You can either request a review or set the report as reviewed
- Once the report is reviewed, it can no longer be edited unless you unlock it again.
- All reviewed reports for each reporting cycle will be consolidated in a master view for your numbers guys to do their thing and put together nifty reports for your partners and investors (coming)