There are two paths for importing your data into Zapflow. You can do it yourself or have our experts do it for you (depending on your subscription, a separate fee may apply). This article covers the instructions for self-service data import.
Please read these instructions carefully to ensure successful import!
Importing data into Zapflow happens in 4 simple steps:
- Ensuring Zapflow is configured to your needs before starting (requires administrator privileges)
- Downloading the transfer file
- Filling the transfer file
- Uploading the filled transfer file
STEP 1 - ENSURING PROPER CONFIGURATION
Make sure all the following step are completed before moving to the next step. Please note you must have admin user privileges to complete these steps
- Make sure every user has their account created before the import.
- Make sure the pipeline stages are configured properly.
- Make sure the pass reasons are configured properly.
- Make sure the lead source categories are configured properly.
STEP 2 - Downloading the transfer file.
- Navigate to Menu > Import Data > Begin Import > Download transfer file
- Save the file in your favorite location on your computer
STEP 3 - Filling the transfer file
Important! You must make sure the data you enter in the transfer file verified for consistency, spelling and validation
To ensure smooth import,
- Make sure there are no duplicate company/deal names
- Make sure all deals/companies have all mandatory data filled in. Mandatory data is marked with an asterix (*)
- Make sure all deal owners have a Zapflow account. Verify spelling
- Make sure all stages in the transfer file have a matching value in your configuration (see step 1 above)
- Make sure all pass reasons in the transfer file have a matching value in your configuration (see step 1 above)
- Make sure all lead source categories in the transfer file have a matching value in your configuration (see step 1 above)
- Make sure all numbers are formatted as numbers (In Excel: Select column > right click > Format cells > Numbers > Number
- Make sure all numbers are entered as "ones" (e.g 4 million = 4000000 and not 4)
- Make sure there are no multipliers in number data (e.g 4000000 and not 4M)
- Make sure there are no currency symbols in number data (store as numbers, not currency formatting)
- Make sure every deal/company status is either Active or Passed. Verify spelling.
- If status is passed, make sure "Pass date" and "Pass reason" data is entered in correct format as well.
- Make sure date values are formatted as dates.
- Make sure the lead type has one of the following values: Inbound, Outbound or Referred. Verify spelling.
- Save the in your favorite location on your computer
STEP 4 - Uploading the transfer file
After completing the 3 steps above
- Navigate to Menu > Import Data > Begin Import > Upload transfer file
- Find the filled & saved transfer file from the location you saved it in
- Select the desired file
- If you run into problems, please read the error message carefully and fix the source data accordingly.